Last Updated 10th September 2021
slicedbread respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This policy is intended to explain what personal data we may collect about you, where we may obtain your data, how we use your data, and who we may disclose your data to and why.
This policy also explains your data rights; namely how to request access to your data, how to update your data, and how to request that your data be deleted when applicable.
We encourage you to periodically check for updates.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE MAY PROCESS
We may Process:
- Contact information: full name, email addresses, phone numbers, associated company, company address
- Identify you when you sign-in to your sharedo account
- Job role, previous company/job role
- Contact history (including emails)
- Purchase history (including quotes, invoices)
- Support tickets
- Marketing subscriptions/preferences/consent
- Response to marketing campaigns (such as email opens, clicks within emails)
- Activity on our website (such as pages visited, session length)
- IP address used to access our website
- Product use details
We do not record the audio of telephone calls, but we may have a log of when you called, call length, who you spoke to, and what the subject of that call was.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- register to use our websites, applications or services (including product demonstrations); this may include your name (including business name), address, email address and telephone number;
- are a customer and place an order for our applications or services; this may include your name (including business name), address, contact (including telephone number and email address);
- complete online forms (including call back requests), post any blogs, enter any competitions, download information such as white papers or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our application or service;
- interact with us using social media;
- are a business partner, or a prospective business partner;
- intentionally give us your business contact information or make your business contact information available, for example at a networking event, an industry event, or a meeting;
- contact us requesting assistance with a support request;
- are a job applicant, or a current or former employee;
- contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter into with you, or have entered into with you;
- where we need to comply with a legal, or regulatory obligation;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- provide, maintain, protect and improve any applications, products, services and information that you have requested from us;
- manage and administer your use of applications, products and services you have asked us to provide;
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- respond to requests for contact, deliver products demonstrations, or provide relevant service or product information and newsletters;
- purchase history is retained for accounting purposes;
- deliver targeted advertising, marketing or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our content, website, applications and services and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you;
- undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to test and improve their security, provision and performance, in which case, we would pseudonymise any information used for such purposes, and ensure is it only displayed at aggregated levels which will not be linked back to you or any living individual;
- provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback on your use of our applications, products and services);
- to monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances it is on an aggregated basis which will not be linked back to you or any living individual.
In the event all or a portion of the assets owned or controlled by us are sold, assigned, transferred or acquired by another company (including, without limitation, via merger), the personal information and information from and/or about our products, applications and services users may be among the transferred assets.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications, products and services which we feel may be of interest to you. Our marketing communications are sent to professional email addresses and consist of relevant, informative industry and product updates, including blog articles and white papers from slicedbread and other experts. News about industry conferences and other events, about product releases and new versions, and technical information such as knowledge base guides and tutorials. They are sent to our customers, our partners, our prospective customers and our prospective partners, and who have not opted out.
You can also unsubscribe from any email marketing using the links provided in all of these emails we send to you.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes by sending us an email to email@example.com.
We do not share data with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may transfer information outside the EEA (which means all the EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) (“EEA”) to execute commercial transactions.
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES
If you follow a link from our website, application or service to another site or service, this Privacy Notice will no longer apply. We do not have responsibility for the collection or use of information or data you provide to third party websites or services. We assume no liability for your disclosure of personal information, data and content to third parties We are not responsible for the information handling practices of third party sites or services and we encourage you to read the privacy notices appearing on those sites or services. Your use of third party websites, products and services is your responsibility.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Under certain circumstances, by law you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, as follows:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your persona data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data in the following scenarios: a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal data, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal data to another party, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you want to request more information, request access to your data, or if you have a question or complaint about our approach to data protection, privacy or security, email us at email@example.com.
We make all reasonable efforts to ensure that all content available on the sharedo help website (https://help.sharedo.co.uk) is accurate and up to date in accordance with the latest sharedo product releases, but accept no responsibility for any omissions, errors or subsequent changes to the content. The application, services and related content is provided “as is” and “as available”. We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties as to the satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy of either the application, services and content. For the avoidance of doubt, We do not warrant that access to the application, services or content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the application or services or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the content. The application or services link to third party websites – Access to and use of any other internet site linked to the application or services is made at the user’s own risk and we are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on such third party sites. We provide these links merely as a convenience and the inclusion of such links does not imply any endorsement by us. To help us maintain our high quality and standard of content, please inform us via firstname.lastname@example.org if you suspect the information contained within a resource is inaccurate or significantly out of date. In no event shall we (including any of our members, directors, agents, employees or representatives) be liable for any damages whatsoever, and in particular we (including our members, directors, agents, employees or representatives) shall not be liable for special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to our help site or the application or services content, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.