Afternoon all … we’re nearing the end of a major point release this month so there’s been a lot of focus on stability from the product team. That said we’ve still had the opportunity to sneak a few new features in 🙂
This month’s highlights
- Financial Encumbrances aka Property Charges – for those clients who use the real estate functionality you now have richer functionality to record property charges
- Service Portfolio Modeller – to support the creation of dynamic menus to support self instruction by your clients
- Allocation Rules – some more allocation rules .. Because a work management platform like sharedo can never have too many!
- Exchange Calendar Synchronisation – enabling key dates appointments and other task types to be synchronised to your exchange or O365 calendars
- … and as usual a whole host of minor UX & feature enhancements and defect fixes
Real Estate – Financial Encumbrances
On Real Estate matters the Titles associated with a property may have Charges held against them. Charges include positive covenants (i.e. Obligations on the landowner to perform actions such as repairs), restrictive covenants (i.e. Restrictions on what the land owner can do with the land), notices and financial charges (i.e. Secured debts (i.e. Mortgages) or unsecured debts (loans).
As well as Charges, a property may also have a claim against it by a party that is not the owner – known as an encumbrance. Encumbrances can be financial and non-financial.
This new panel within sharedo allows a user to capture a Financial Encumbrance against a property and to then relate this to a chargee participant and a title.
This information is used when a change in register is made to ensure the charges and encumbrances are transacted as required.
Title and Reference Generator Enhancements
Having meaningful titles and references generated significantly improves the discoverability of case information. To date this functionality has only be available on cases however it has now been rolled out to people and organisations.
People, Orgs and Teams now have a short name field:
The generation of these names are then governed by new global features :
Which allow the configurator to specify the patterns to be used for generating consistent names across the application:
These changes are then reflected in document generation; ensuring that at all times you are “addressing” people correctly.
Along with the major feature enhancements above we have a whole host of minor enhancements including:
- It’s now easier to see when bulk actions are present on a list via a new icon on list views
- UX enhancements to blades to clearly show the user the state of the blade
- Related documents now show their actions as hover over buttons