In addition to our more formal release notes we are introducing a monthly dev blog to keep you up to date on all of the latest work management features being rolled out.
This month’s update is a long one! Part of the reason for that is that this is a new format, and because we’ve not done this before, we may have included more than was just in May! The other reason it’s long is that there’s been a lot going on, which feels like a good thing…
Why the new format?
From conversations we’ve had with both existing clients and interested “watchers”, it felt like we were missing a monthly update from the sharedo dev team.
Therefore the intention is that from now onwards, on a monthly basis, we will produce a dev blog update like this to communicate the features, improvements and progress we are making on a monthly basis to the wider platform goals.
New and enhanced features in May
This month’s new feature highlights are;
- Participant 360 degree view enhancements – enables you to quickly see and navigate if a particular person or organisation is involved in different proceedings, matters or tasks and easily “delve” into the detail
- Configurable Reference and Title Generators – enhanced support for you to quickly specify your unique patterns for Matter or Payment reference or titles.
- Enhanced configurability for Dispute Matter types (Liability, Offers and Settlements) – proving you more fine grained configurability of how you manage the features across your dispute matter types.
- Enhanced configurability for Land Registry integration – when configuring real estate matter types you can now vary your land registry configuration between different types.
- Goods and Services feature – we are now providing support for Goods and Services item lists across the application. You can configure these list of items and user them as part of your payments or quoting processes. These can vary from fixed fee items through to hourly rates paid for roles on a case.
- Option set striping – enabling you to more easily configure a single list of values for reporting purposes but then only show a subset of them to users based on attributes such as organisations, work types, phase or participants. This is particularly relevant for firms that deal with large corporate clients.
- Participant cards – want to email or phone the buyer in one click from your matter landing page; well now you can with our enhanced participant card views.
Participants and Security: Participant 360
When viewing a participant and their connections, a user can now directly link to a list of cases or tasks which that participant has a connection to.
This means that users can drill through from their participants, see a summary of related cases – i.e. all the cases where this Organisation was the Client – and drill through to a full list of those cases. Each case can then in turn be easily opened and reviewed to examine historical interactions with that participant.
This feature is configurable via the modeller but as standard will show connections for Matters, Proceedings, Offers, Property Titles and tasks.
Work Modeller: Reference and Title Generators
We have lost count of the number of different ways our clients generate their unique references and titles for matters, proceeding, payments and the like and thought it was time to put the “power” in your hands.
As part of the work type modeller, we now have a feature that will allow you to configure how you want the titles and references for your work types to be generated. By default these settings are inherited so you can define, for example, a reference format for all matters and then vary this for specific matter types.
If you do want to specify your own generator then there are two main modes by which titles and references can be generated.
User specified titles and references
Automatically generated titles and references
Still not flexible enough?
That’s ok, like most things in sharedo generators follow a plugin model so whilst there are already a number of different pre-defined generators for common scenarios you can add your own!
Enhanced Configurability for Dispute Matter types (Offers)
Offers have now been added as a global feature, allowing users to specify that the use the concept of offers in their process and to configure these
For each case type a user can configure if Offers should be available and if so, which Offer types should be allowed in which phases of the case.
Once configured the Offers menu items become available within the case to those with appropriate permissions. These menu options allow the creation and processing of Offers against the case.
Enhanced Configurability for Dispute Matter types (Liability)
Liability has now been added as a global feature, allowing users to specify how they want to use liability assessments across their different case types.
Once these have been configured then the liability panels become available on the case, allowing the position on liability to be captured in the case;
Goods and Services items
In this release we now provide support for list of Goods and Services items types. These items types can then be integrated with Payment Requests to provide specific items and pricing. For example these could be expert witness investigations, land registry searches, or the employment of external organisations at an hourly rate.
Whilst the use of goods and services is currently restricted to Payments we will also be rolling out their use across quotes, actual fees and invoices.
The Goods and Services feature provides a definition of the types of goods and services available and how these are used.
Once the types of Goods and Services have been defined, a user can then create specific items together with their pricing variations.
Once these are defined then case workers are able to add these goods and services when making payments or raising invoices.
Enhanced Real Estate Work Type Configuration (Land Registry Integration)
The Land Registry provides services to search for and manage updates to Title Deed information for properties in England and Wales.
We’ve worked long and hard to get our integration to the Land Registry to where it is now. It has now reached a point where this is a configurable global feature.
The feature supports a number of key services provided by the land registry which are shown below;
We can also configure the fees which a firm may apply to the use of the Change Register feature based on the transaction size.
As with other features, we can set the work types and phases where the land registry tasks are applicable, and set appropriate configuration for each of these;
Core Case: Option set striping
For advanced use cases (typically required for the support of large commercial clients) we now enable you to “strip” the display of option sets based on a configurable set of filters.
This feature allows us to specify the rules by which items in an option set are shown. Perhaps some only apply to a specific work type, to a specific jurisdiction or to a specific organisation. The striping feature supports these scenarios, allowing a defined set of options to be used in a specific circumstance.
Want to contact a client or buyer from your matter landing in a single click? Well now you can with the enhanced participant cards.