As we turn our thoughts to exactly what sort of stay cation we can have in COVID-land the sharedo product team have shipped update 6.9 to keep you occupied in the moments of boredom!
In this update we’ve ..
- Introduced a new out of office feature enabling you to automatically delegate tasks when people are out of the office
- Updated the rules engine UI … Matching Rules have just got a whole lot richer!
- Introduced a new Bulk change user interface to enable you to better manage work items on mass
- Introduced a new Security Team UI to help you better understand who has got access to a given work item
- We’ve introduced some sample process guidance and example workflows for Disputes to make implementing these work types a whole lot quicker
- Added a couple of new Power BI reports for Fees and Incidents
Managing Out of Office
The sharedo task engine is busy automatically assigning you tasks and you call in sick or (in a future world) jet off for a relaxing holiday in the sun .. What do you do? With the new out of office feature it’s a simple as pressing out of the office.
In this release there is a new feature called “Auto Delegation of Tasks”
Once enabled and configured for an specific availability status e.g. “out of the office” then any tasks assigned to a user who is out of the office will be automatically delegated to their chosen delegator.
To support this the feature comes along with a new profile option Automatic Task Delegation.
Enabling users to configure delegate.
Once you are back from your holiday its simply a matter of going back to your task list – selecting the delegated tasks and choosing “Take Ownership”
Bulk Assignment Enhancements
To support the new out of the office function and to make the process of bulk assigning tasks more seamless the UX journeys associated with this process have been enhanced.
Together with the configuration within the global feature “Bulk Reassign”
Updated Rules Engine UI
In this release we introduced a new rule modelling user interface for matching rules
In common with many UX’s of this type the user is presented with a number of different logic blocks and functions from which they can assemble their rules.
What, perhaps, distinguishes the sharedo rules from other generic rules engine is the specific domain support provided for its key concepts. For example domain support is provided for concepts such as participants, ods entities without having to write any complex logic.
Within the Manage participants blade roles that have been marked as “Security” are displayed within a separate tab
This tab is controlled by security permissions enabling any security roles to be restricted from users.
Approval Multi Level Approvals
Approval models can be attached to work type phase plans to manage the process of approving a work item. Approval models can now be multi step.
Out of the box reports
Additional Power BI reports have been added for Incident Management and Fees